With a vibrant history in Aerospace and Defense, Alabama is home to hundreds of aerospace related industries supporting both government and commercial markets. Companies like Airbus, Boeing, GE Aviation, Lockheed Martin, and GKN call Alabama home.
Following are a few quick facts about Alabama’s dynamic aerospace industry:
- Alabama’s aviation and defense industry has been integral to U.S. Space and Defense programs for more than 50 years.
- Alabama is home to Redstone Arsenal and Marshall Space Flight Center where the Saturn V rocket was designed and the next-generation Space Launch System is being developed.
- In 2012, Airbus selected to locate its first American jetliner production facility in Alabama. The company began delivering aircraft to customers in early 2016.
- Alabama exports of Aerospace equipment and parts were valued at over $2.1 billion in in 2018.
- Employment in Aerospace products and parts manufacturing (NAICS 336400) was more than 12,000 in 2018.
For a closer look at Alabama’s aerospace industry, please open the document below.