Alabama is a state that appreciates the contribution of business and industry. The state values the companies that locate here. Both public and private sectors are committed to helping them succeed. State and local officials work to create a supportive environment that encourages business success. That commitment is a big reason that many world-class companies have chosen to locate and expand their operations in Alabama in recent years.
Companies considering investment in Alabama are in good company.
- Airbus, Autocar, BASF, GE Aviation, Home Depot, Honda, Hyundai, Mazda, Mercedes, Outokumpu, Polaris, Remington, Toyota, and Webster Industries are among those that have recently announced new or expanding investments in the state.
- Fortune 500 companies Regions Financial and Fortune 1000 companies HealthSouth, and Vulcan Materials are headquartered in Alabama. Also headquartered in Alabama are Ebsco Industries, Brasfield & Gorrie, O’Neal Industries and Drummond Company, which are on Forbes list of America’s Largest Private Companies.
Of course, Alabama offers considerable advantages for companies seeking an environment in which to thrive.
- The tax burden in Alabama is one of the lowest in the United States. In fact, Alabama offers an overall cost structure that is one of the country’s most competitive.
- Alabama offers a labor pool of more than two million dedicated, reliable and skilled workers. Alabama’s education systems and workforce development agency work in conjunction with Alabama industry to meet current and future workforce needs.
- Alabama is a prime location in the heart of the fast-growing U.S. South. The state’s interstate system allows companies to access over 160 metropolitan areas in a 600 mile radius. Continued public and private investments in highway, air, rail and seaport infrastructure provide accessibility to domestic and international markets.
For a closer look at Alabama’s robust business climate, please open the documents below.