Alabama is an emerging hub for the information technology industry. Employing approximately 15,000, Alabama’s IT companies generate over $1 billion in annual revenue and serve such distinct industries as banking and finance, government, education, consumer products, GIS, and utilities automation.
Following are a few quick facts about Alabama’s IT industry:
- Alabama is home to the National Computer Forensics Institute (NCFI), a federally funded training center dedicated to instructing state and local officials in digital evidence and cybercrime investigations.
- Google data center locates in Jackson County, Alabama.
- Alabama’s first Internet Exchange is located in Montgomery — one of only four in the Southeast.
- Innovation Depot in Birmingham received the Incubator Innovation Award from the International Business Innovation Association.
- Equifax opens a global IT talent center at Auburn University.
- Rural Sourcing, an IT outsourcing company, located its third software development center in Mobile, Alabama.
For a closer look at Alabama’s IT industry, please open the document below.
Alabama’s Information Technology Industry