Aerospace Industry in Alabama
With a vibrant history in Aerospace, today Alabama is home to hundreds of aerospace related industries. Space and Defense; Aviation; and MRO (Maintenance, Repair, & Overhaul) make up some of Alabama’s most productive sectors within the aerospace industry.
Following are a few fast facts about Alabama’s dynamic aerospace industry:
- Alabama is home to Airbus’ first American production facility of jetliners.
- Alabama’s aerospace sector ranked 7th in total value of goods exported in 2012.
- Aerospace equipment and parts exports were valued at over $678 million in 2012.
- Alabama received almost $9.1 billion in Department of Defense Prime Contracts – FY 2012.
- Redstone Arsenal is home to Marshall Space Flight Center, The U.S. Army Aviation and Missile Command, U.S. Army Space and Missile Defense Command and U.S. Army Aviation and Missile Research Development and Engineering Center.
For a closer look at Alabama's aerospace industry, please open the document below.
Alabama's Aerospace Industry
Airbus Alabama Alabama Aerospace Industry Association
Alabama Aerospace & Industry Directory
Aviation Council of Alabama
National Space Science & Technology Center